Sunday, July 7, 2013

Let's (p)Lay A Game

The idea is self explanatory: Book Titles With One Letter Missing

Book Titles With One Letter Missing
John DiGilio iBraryGuy
An Ale of Two Cities -- It was the best of beers. It was the worst of beers. And they were ready to war over it. 

Madame Ovary -- A novel about a doctor's wife who flirts with the idea of becoming a surrogate mother.

Daniel Pink ‏@DanielPink
Liver Twist -- A scruffy orphan invents a delicious deli sandwich. 




Brilliant, yes? And there are quite a few other entertaining suggestions as well. So I thought I'd wade into the conversation with a few groaners of my own.

Cannery Ow - a scathing reprimand of the canning industry's lack of safety standards.

Wuthering Eights - Katherine and Heathcliff survive the hijinks of their six children.

Beak House - Chickens, and turkeys, and ducks. Oh my!

Hose of Sand and Fog - a bitter rivalry for ownership of a hosiery factory.

Back Beauty - A photo journal of tattoo artistry on the backs and hips of sensuous women.

and finally:

Harry Otter and the Goblet of Fir - Muskrat Harry sets out in search of the Goblet of Fir, a magic container some claim is a myth, others, a reality. (I know, technically I took away two letters in the title, but in my defense, one was actually a subtitle. Still, pretty funny, eh?)

And now it is your turn. Let me know if you join the conversation at #bookswithalettermissing. I'd love to hear your funnies.










No comments:

Post a Comment