Sunday, July 28, 2013

Climbing The Ladder Of Success

 In our 20s we think we have all the time in the world to A) figure it out and B) get what we want.  Time is the only treasure we start off with in abundance, and can never get back.  Make the most of the opportunities you have today, because there will be a time when you have no more of it.
 - Jason Nazar

The author of the piece I'm going to reference is only thirty-four years old, and he's offering sage advice. I'm not sure it will be the same advice he offers, if asked twenty years in the future, after following the same advice he's offering. Only time will tell.

I will say that I've been - oh what is the word? Saddened, confused, horrified, even angry about the lack of drive I see in so many young people these days (jeeze I'm old, those are my grandmother's words... sigh). But that's the right of people labeled as 'seniors', we get to say things like that and NOT compare them to our own lives. Young people do not. So hold up that mirror and check to see if any of this advice could make your personal journey more successful.

Jason Nazar of Forbes.com aimed his advice at people in their twenties. I'm going to widen that field and say it applies to anyone who has made a decision to succeed in their endeavors, even if their personal history isn't behind them.

Fledgling authors, artists, dancers, and performers should also look at this list with open eyes and a willingness to change. I'm not saying his advice is guaranteed, or even applicable to your specific case. But it just may be good advice for someone you know and/or love. Knowledge - Pass it on.

Enjoy this article by Jason Nazar: 20 Things 20-Year-Olds Don't Get


No comments:

Post a Comment